Firecracker Cauliflower

Firecracker Cauliflower | cookiemonstercooking.com

Exciting news!  Well, other than this awesome cauliflower that we are going to talk about in a sec.

But first!  I am super super pumped (like super duper pumped – did you get that?) to announce that a few times a month I’ll be contributing recipes over at Kiersten’s blog Oh My Veggies!  To say I’m excited is clearly an understatement.  I’ve always been a huge fan of her site so to be part of the team is well, kinda crazy.  In a good way.

I don’t talk a whole lot here about how we eat on a regular basis, but in a nutshell over the last few years we’ve transitioned to eating meat only about once or twice a week.  Vegetarian meals tend to be my preference more often than not, but my husband is a different story.  So it’s been fun (and sometimes frustrating) to come up with meatless meals that I don’t get any complaints about.  Let’s just say that I’m thrilled to have an excuse to come up with even more of these meals.

Anywho, so that’s the news.  Yay!

Firecracker Cauliflower | cookiemonstercooking.com

So, for my first post over at Oh My Veggies, I’m showing you how to make a meatless version of the popular firecracker chicken (or shrimp) dish.  We’re talking crispy crunchy cauliflower served over a bed of rice, garnished with green onions and then drizzled with sweet and spicy chili sauce.  A finger-licking good, quick and simple homemade version to be exact.

Yeah, you don’t want to miss it.

Firecracker Cauliflower | cookiemonstercooking.com

So head on over to Oh My Veggies to grab the recipe for Firecracker Cauliflower!

More from Cookie Monster Cooking:

Comments

1. says

Wow congrats Ashley that’s super exciting!!! You totally deserve it of course… cuz’ you’re awesome! These firecracker cauliflower sound pretty legit in the flavor department. Heading over to check them out now!

2. says

So I was scanning my emails and saw the Oh My Veggies picture and then saw yours and was like wait a second….lol, then I read your post, CONGRATS on the recipe contributorship, that is so cool! This cauliflower sounds sooo ymmy :)

3. says

Congrats! I adore Oh My Veggies! Such a fantastic blog and resource that I refer to often. I love the sense of community there too. I look forward to reading your posts!

This cauliflower looks AMAZING. So authentic! I’m in awe of how you turned this into a take-out-inspired dish that looks like the “real” deal. Gorgeous photos -can’t wait to check out the recipe!

4. says

Wow, this cauliflower looks so good. I try to do more meatless meals, but my guys complain and then team up with their complaints. They love any chance to give lovingly give me a hard time. Sweet, huh? Heading over to see your recipe :D

5. says

So of course, I see this now! Congrats Ashley! I love Oh My Veggies and so excited to see someone whose blog I love too being a recipe contributor! You’ve really made a stamp with signature photography :).

6. says

Congrats on the new gig, Ashley! That is such exciting news. Boy I wish I could convince my hubby to only eat meat a few times a week. I’m like you, I definitely don’t need (or often even want) meat in my meals. This firecracker cauliflower looks seriously awesome, I’m clicking right over to grab the recipe (but pinning first ;))!

7. says

Congratulations Ashley! That is such exciting news! I’m so happy for you :) My household is the exact same way, if it were up to me, I would rarely eat meat, but my husband claims that he needs it, so I try to cook it sometimes. I will have to try this firecracker cauliflower out on him and see if he approves, haha! I know I will love it!

8. says

Congrats on the new partnership, Ashley! The Oh My Veggies site sounds/looks great and you’ll be a great contributor with your creative recipes. I eat far less meat now than I used to and I appreciate good, simple vegetarian recipes. I love cauliflower and this looks like a very tasty, creative dish to try. I look forward to seeing lots more.

9. says

Yay, that’s awesome awesome news Ashley, congrats – I love Oh My Veggies and you will totally rock there :) This cauliflower totally rocks too – I love firecracker chicken so I know I would love this veggie version even more! I can’t wait to pop over and check out the recipe :)

10. says

Congrats Ashley! Keirsten’s blog is awesome, and the way the blog has changed over the past few months is really cool so it’s so exciting that you’re going to be a part of it! The cauliflower looks deeeeelish.

11. says

OMG, I am so happy for you, Ashley. Congratulations. I LOVE Oh My Veggies… I always read all their posts and I will definitely check out your post too. Now, Oh My Veggies team is going to be even better with you there ;-)
    Your recipe looks perfect and totally has me craving for a big bowl now ;-)

12. says

Congratulations! :) I am so very excited to see you on Oh My Veggies! It’s a wonderful website and I am looking forward to all of your contributions. This recipe looks amazing! Cannot wait to try it out :) I love that you baked the cauliflower rather than fried it. I’m scared to fry stuff too! *hehe*

13. says

Oh my goodness! Who wouldn’t love a big bowlful of this deliciousness that has such a fun name?! I’m loving every single thing about this, Ashley. Heading over to get the recipe – so excited for you :). Congrats – couldn’t think of a better contributor than you!

14. Elisa @ Insalata di Sillabe says

I’ve been following – and loving, of course – Oh My Veggies for a while now and I can’t believe you now contribute to their recipes! I noticed you had appeared several times on the Potluck section and I can’t wait to see the recipes you’ll develop for the blog, congratulations!
    Now all we have to do is get a big pot of this yummy Firecracker Cauliflower ready to celebrate!

xo, Elisa

15. says

Congrats, that’s so fun! I will definitely have to click over there to check out your recipes! :) And this firecracker cauliflower is such a creative and healthy version of firecracker chicken. Looks great!!

16. says

Ashley, that’s brilliant news – I love Oh My Veggies, too, and will definitely head on over to check out your post. The idea alone of that cauliflower sounds incredible. What a creative idea! I’m like you, sort of semi-veggie (if I had the chance – accusatory glance over at husband), so LOVE these kinds of dishes.