So now that Halloween is over, it’s time to turn our full attention to Thanksgiving! This year is going to be a little different for us, seeing as how we are hosting not one but two (!!) separate Thanksgiving dinners. I know …. things are going to get a little crazy around these parts. Especially considering my day job is ramping up big time. Deep breaths.
I’ll go into the two Thanksgiving dinners thing in another post, since I thought it might be helpful to share my game plan and menus in case anyone else is crazy enough to be in the same boat. But for now, suffice it to say that we are going to keep things simple this year. You know, so I can keep my sanity.
Along those lines, I have quite a few easy sides as well as some make ahead dessert and breakfast options to share with you over the next few weeks. And today we are going to start with a side dish that has long been a staple in our house. While we make this roasted asparagus all throughout the year, it’s a perfect option for Thanksgiving since it’s easy, has barely any prep and is quick to pull together. While the turkey is resting, just pop this dish in the oven and you have a delicious and healthier side dish that will be ready to serve in no time.
So, tell me. What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year? Anyone else crazy like me and planning to have more than one dinner?
- 2 bunches (about 2 pounds) asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the asparagus spears on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on the salt, pepper and garlic. Toss to combine and then arrange the spears in a single layer on the sheet.
- Bake for about 18 to 22 minutes, or until tender, tossing once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
Cookie Monster Cooking