After the decadence that was the cookies and cream dip, I figured I should probably share something a little bit more on the healthy side to make up for all those extra calories (and sugar). You know, to even things out a bit. So let’s move on to another dip that’s on the savory side of things, shall we?
We absolutely adore greek yogurt in our house. The amount we go through on a weekly basis is sort of ridiculous and I get really upset when we run out. I wanted to make a dip using greek yogurt as the base and after searching around finally settled on this recipe. I made a few changes, primarily using lots of fresh herbs in place of dried. I also added in a bit of cream cheese and adjusted some of the seasonings. And we were so happy with the result. This dip is creamy and cool and filled with freshness from all the herbs. It got rave reviews from everyone who tried it and the leftovers made for a great snack during the week.
Healthy dip for those Super Bowl parties coming up very soon? I got you covered – you can whip up this dip in just a few minutes.
- 14 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (light is fine)
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix the greek yogurt and cream cheese until well combined. Add in the shallot, parsley, dill, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix until combined. Serve with veggies or pretzels.
Adapted from A Couple Cooks.